London Grown Minimarket Report: Another rousing success!
Despite off again on again showers, once again more than 70 people visited London Grown’s Minimarket this past Saturday July 29th!
London Grown was joined by:
- Organic Lea
- Crop Drop
- Gardens for All (works with vulnerable people and HEET to clear and grow vegetable gardens where needed)
- Seeds for Hope (local Haringey-based grower and educator)
- NaTRUErel (offers workshops and support for home gardens)
- Stewart’s Jerk Chicken and Sausage BBQ
- Wolves Lane Flower Company and
- Friends of Wolves Lane
Each group had a stall and the stalls were loaded with interesting plants and tasty treats on offer including:
- geraniums in all colours
- spider plants
- aloe vera
- canna plants
- marrow, beetroot, beans and more
- banana bread
- chocolate chip cupcakes
- gluten free banana spice bread
- Stewart’s Jerk Chicken and Jerk Sausage BBQ!
- and more…
The weather was perfect – well, showers with sun in between, so perfect in our books! Holly put up a canvas gazebo and immediately created a party atmosphere for all!
We’re looking forward to the next Plant Sale at Wolves Lane. Watch this blog to find out dates.
Hope to see you there!
Posted on July 31, 2017, in community service, Events, flowers, Friends of Wolves Lane, What's in stock, What's on, Wolves Lane Centre and tagged events, flowers, Friends of Wolves Lane Centre, healthy living, markets, vegetables, volunteers, What's on, what's on sale. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.