The Ubele team at Wolves Lane is asking all Wolves Lane fans, supporters, Haringey community and friends to support a crowdfunding effort to raise money for
SOLAR POWER AT WOLVES LANE
Palmhouse and Café!
… please visit spacehive.com/wolveslanepalmhouse and help make your community garden centre stronger, more sustainable, and better able to serve Haringey!
The team says:
- ” Our plan is to provide:-
- * Solar electricity to heat the Wolves Lane Palm House, to preserve a much loved public amenity with hothouse plants, koi carp and terrapins for local families to visit and for schools to have nature study lessons
- * Sustainable heating for the café, an educational and community meeting space
- * Insulation and innovative heat retention measures like compost ‘hot boxes’ to minimise need for artificial heat
- * Spare power to sell to the grid to fund other activities on site The Wolves Lane site:-
- * Grows organic food, for sale and free for homeless people’s projects
- * Houses an organic box scheme
- * Trains volunteers in horticulture
- * Runs school visits to study plants and food growing
- * Provides an event space for community groups
- * Is open to the public on Sundays with sales of plants, food produced on site, cooked food stalls and bike repair service
What we’ll deliver:
- Use renewable energy to heat the Palm House and cafe
- Restore an educational and social space for the local community “
Find out more and donate at spacehive.com/wolveslanepalmhouse !!!