The Ubele team at Wolves Lane is asking all Wolves Lane fans, supporters, Haringey community and friends to support a crowdfunding effort to raise money for
SOLAR POWER AT WOLVES LANE
Palmhouse and Café!
London Mayor’s Fund has pledged £7500 to the Solar Power Campaign!
to keep the Mayor of London’s generous promised funding match
we MUST reach 100% of our GOAL
by December 10th
Your pledge can make all the difference! Even £1 can help!
Find out more and donate at spacehive.com/wolveslanepalmhouse !!!
Many ways to donate
Can people donate to the solar power appeal without using a debit card on Spacehive? YES!
An alternative which is just like giving to any other good cause has been set up.Although Ubele is the chosen member of the Wolves Lane consortium to handle the crowdfund funds, to ease their admin load we have set up a conventional donation arrangement via a trusted intermediary, the community gardeners’ group Growing in Haringey. Pamela Harling is its treasurer.
- Just send your money to the Growing in Haringey bank account which is: ‘Growing in Haringey’ , Sort code 08-92-99, Account number 65409413.
- Please label your transfer – on the payin slip or its online equivalent – as <yourname> CROWDF.
- Then send an e-mail to Pamela at firstname.lastname@example.org saying ‘I have paid £x into the GIH account for the crowdfund’.
Cheques are also welcome – please write your phone number and/or e-mail on the back and give them to Pamela, Islay, Anne or Loretta when you see us on site.
Debit Card – donate at spacehive.com/wolveslanepalmhouse !!!
*** Many thanks for your support! ***
The Ubele team says:
- ” Our plan is to provide:-
- * Solar electricity to heat the Wolves Lane Palm House, to preserve a much loved public amenity with hothouse plants, koi carp and terrapins for local families to visit and for schools to have nature study lessons
- * Sustainable heating for the café, an educational and community meeting space
- * Insulation and innovative heat retention measures like compost ‘hot boxes’ to minimise need for artificial heat
- * Spare power to sell to the grid to fund other activities on site The Wolves Lane site:-
- * Grows organic food, for sale and free for homeless people’s projects
- * Houses an organic box scheme
- * Trains volunteers in horticulture
- * Runs school visits to study plants and food growing
- * Provides an event space for community groups
- * Is open to the public on Sundays with sales of plants, food produced on site, cooked food stalls and bike repair service
What we’ll deliver:
- Use renewable energy to heat the Palm House and cafe
- Restore an educational and social space for the local community “