So many great events have been held at Wolves Lane, and we look forward to many more in the future after lockdown ends!
Here are some memories below of events the Wolves Lane community has enjoyed:
Windrush Food Fest was held at Wolves Lane this past June 17th, 2019
Windrush Food Fest was held at Wolves Lane this past June 17th from 3:30pm – 8.30pm, and a wonderful time was had by all!
This celebration was part of the borough’s activities to celebrate and honour the Windrush Generation across the Borough of Haringey. (The Windrush Day official day is on 22nd June).
It was an event free to all, and an important part of the Haringey Festival of Learning.
The Windrush Food Fest at Wolves Lane was organized by The Ubele Initiative and Black Rootz.
Special thanks go to Aisha, Anne, Dwayne, Jheni, Mary, Michael, Paulette and Robbie for their hard work and efforts to make this event a success!
Guests and Activities included
- – Robbie Samuda, The Rockstone Gardener Grow Your Own
- – Tobi Akingbolagun, Britain’s Best Home Cook Semi finalist 2018, veggie cookie demonstration
- – Test your knowledge with Our Fruits and Rootz Quiz
- – Meet the Black Rootz Team
- – Step back into history with our Windrush Exhibition
- – Take a trip around the Caribbean at the food tasting station
- – Join the discussion From Windrush to Wolves Lane
- – Visit Organiclea glasshouse and see what they grow
- – free giuded tours of the Centre
- – Nature Hunt for children!
For more stories and information on the event, please visit
And Click HERE for even more Memories of Windrush Food Fest at Wolves Lane 2019 too!
Windrush Food Fest – Let’s celebrate at Wolves Lane!
This is part of the borough’s activities to celebrate Windrush Day (which is on 22nd June).
- Monday 17th June
- 3;30pm – 8.30pm
- site tours
- allotment story-telling
- seed planting
- food tasting
- cookery demonstrations using vegetables grown by the Windrush generation
- evening veggie cookie demonstration by Tobi Aking (semi-finalist in BBC’s Britain’s Best Home Cook)!
Link to register and find out more: http://bit.ly/windrushfoodfest
- It’s a FREE event!
~ Part of the national Festival of Learning ~