Over 70 people visited the first London Grown Plant Sale this past Saturday May 27th!
London Grown was joined by:
- Highway Gardening Club, Bruce Grove Youth Centre
- Organic Lea (including Stewart’s Jerk Chicken and Jerk Red Bream BBQ!)
- Go Grow of go-grow.org.uk and
- Friends of Wolves Lane
Each group had a stall and the stalls were loaded with interesting plants and tasty treats on offer including:
- pumpkin and squash seedlings
- geraniums in all colours
- spider plants
- aloe vera
- canna plants
- healthy yacon
- banana bread
- chocolate chip cookies
- Stewart’s Jerk Chicken and Jerk Red Bream BBQ!
- and more…
The weather was perfect too. We’re looking forward to the next Plant Sale at Wolves Lane. Watch this blog to find out dates.
Hope to see you there!
- Would you like to organise and lead a community activity at Wolves Lane?
- Take a look at our Community Use Proposals page– which ones interest you?
- What other activities would you like to see at Wolves Lane?
OrganicLea’s Vision for Wolves Lane: An initiative that grows and distributes sustainably produced food to local residents and businesses; engages a wide range of people in learning and skills activities, and health and well-being benefits; establishes itself as a centre for promoting healthy eating; and offers space for community groups and social enterprises to run activities that benefit the community.
Please write with your ideas, suggestion, proposals for the future!