Category Archives: TIps
Now is a good time to plant your first early and second early potatoes
Plant them in trenches that are 24 inches apart. The trench should be at least 6 inches deep and v shaped. Potatoes should be 10 inches apart.
Put the potatoes on a good layer of well rotted manure with their chits facing upwards.
These should be ready to harvest in late June after the tops have flowered.
It takes less time to cook this delicious summery soup than it took to write this post!
- Wolves Lane grown sweet summer tomatoes (on sale now!) – 4 per person
- Wolves Lane free-range eggs (laid by Wolves Lane hens!) – 1 per person
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh basil (or dry basil) for garnish
- Fill small pot and boil water (1 cup water per person approx) with garlic in it
- Wash whole tomatoes and place uncut in pot (water should cover tomatoes). Choose extra ripe tomatoes for extra summery taste!
- Boil for 2 minutes
- Crack and drop in your eggs – do NOT stir or touch eggs to keep yolk intact
- Boil 1 minute more
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Serve in bowls
- Garnish with fresh basil (or sprinkle dry basil to taste on top)
Come pick up your Wolves Lane ingredients today!
We’re open this Sept 1st, Bank Holiday Monday, 10am-4pm.